In honor of Epcot’s anniversary on Oct. 1, did you know?:
• Epcot covers some 300 acres, more than double the size of the Magic Kingdom.
• Construction took three years and between $800 million to $1.4 billion, making Epcot the largest construction project in the world at the time.
• Epcot’s parking lot can accommodate 11,211 vehicles.
• Approximately 10.8 million people visited Epcot in 2011.
• Epcot is located in the city of Bay Lake, Fla., one of two cities controlled by the Walt Disney Co.
• Bay Lake has a population of 47, according to the 2010 census.