- By monetary value, peppercorns are the most widely traded spice in the world.
- Drinking 16 ounces of ice water(32 degrees Fahrenheit), requires the body to burn 17.5 calories to warm the water up to body temperature. Drinking 64 ounces of ice water (the recommended daily intake) would burn 70 calories.
- According to Science Daily, Earth collects about 40,000 tons of space dust each year.
- According to the American Heart Association, Kentucky has the highest rate of smokers (28.7%) in the U.S., while Utah (11.5%) has the lowest.
- Abraham Lincoln is the only U.S. president who was also a licensed bartender. He was co-owner of Berry and Lincoln, a saloon in Springfield, Illinois.
- The first president to have electric lights in the White House was Benjamin Harrison in 1891.