- Three quarterbacks have been sacked 12 times in a single game: Bert Jones (1980), Warren Moon (1985) and Donovan McNabb (2007).
- After leaving Green Bay, Vince Lombardi coached the Washington Redskins.
- The Oakland Raiders won Super Bowl XV.
- San Francisco 49ers’ head coach Red Hickey introduced the shotgun offense in 1960.
- Roger Staubach was the first Heisman Trophy winner to start a Super Bowl and win MVP honors.
- Vinny Testaverde started his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Peyton Manning holds the record for most passing yard in a rookie season with 3,739 yards.
- The MVP of Super Bowl XXXIII was John Elway.
- Former University of Alabama linebacker Derrick Thomas holds the record for most sacks in a single game. He sacked the quarterback 7 times during a game against Seattle on Nov. 11, 1990.