Dan The Man is without air conditioning, which makes it hard to concentrate. So here are some fast facts about the Empire State Building:
- Shreve, Lamb & Harmon Associates was the architectural firm that designed the building.
- The contractor was Starrett Brothers and Eken.
- The ESB has 73 elevators.
- There are 103 floors.
- The building itself cost $24.7 million.
- There are 70 miles of water pipes inside the ESB.
- Some 1,060 miles of telephone cable snakes through the building.
- The ESB weighs 365,000 tons.
- The are 2.5 million feet of electrical wire.
- Each month 100 tons of trash and waste are removed from the building.